After many hours of research, we have found the perfect solution to keep your Hubspot form data on your visitors. It seems crazy, as advanced as Hubspot is, to not be able to track campaign visitors. There’s a missing link between attribution from campaign visitors and Hubspot form captures. There’s no ingrained Hubspot solution.
Being a data-driven company, this isn’t good enough for us. We needed a solution, and we want to share it with you. We understand how important this is to know the ROI for your visitors, and to provide proper attribution for your marketing channels.
Let’s get started…
1. Create Your Own HubSpot UTM Properties
Hubspot does not automatically have these UTM Parameters in there, so we need to create them ourselves.
1. CLICK ON THE SETTINGS COG ON THE TOP RIGHT MENU
This brings you to a page similar to this…
2. CLICK ON PROPERTIES ON THE LEFT SIDE MENU
Make sure you have permission to edit properties and Groups. If you don’t have permission, here are instructions.
3. CLICK ON GROUPS AND CREATE A GROUP CALLED “UTM TRACKING”
3. CREATE HUBSPOT PROPERTIES
Create your four property under Contact Properties.
Internal Name of your properties need to exactly match the URL parameter name (including being all lowercase).
After you save, it should look like below:
2. Hide those fields!
1. GO TO MARKETING -> LEAD CAPTURE -> FORMS
You’ve created the fields. Beautiful.
But they are ugly, awkward, clunky, and you don’t want your visitors to see them.
Now, you need to hide them.
2. ADD ALL FOUR OF YOUR NEW FIELDS TO THE FORM
3. CHOOSE “HIDDEN FIELD”
Once saved, it should look like this on your forms.
4. PRESS SAVE
3. Make sure it works
It’s important to test your form fields to make sure it is working properly
1. TEST YOUR FORM BY USING A TRACKING URL
If you don’t already have UTM tracking parameters on your landing page (shame on you, by the way), go HERE and add them. Then, visit your new tracking URL by entering it into your web browser.
2. SUBMIT YOUR FORM
3. CHECK TO SEE IF YOUR FORMS ARE NOW CAPTURING THE UTM PARAMETER DATA